“Ecommerce is growing amazingly and each day becoming more and more important”
- Globally, online shopping in 2016 will be up 45%, compared to 2015, and is expected to reach $327bn.
- By the end of this year, online retail will make up 9% of the world’s total retail sales
- 192 million people will primarily be online shoppers in 2016.
- The average amount that each shopper spends online annually will increase in 2016, jumping to $1,738 per shopper.
- In 2016, the ecommerce industry across Europe is projected to increase by 18.7%, reaching €219bn.
- By the end of the year, there will be 33 million m-commerce users in the UK.
- This year, 85% of e-shoppers in New Zealand intend to maintain or increase their exprenditure, while online market is expected to be worth as much as NZD 5.37bn.
- In 2016, the retail ecommerce sales in France via mobile devices will amount to €10bn, up from €6.9bn in 2015.
- The cross-border online market in China is estimated to reach the staggering $1.02tn in 2016.
- The online market in Southeast Asia is expected to be worth more than $20bn in 2016, while the number of internet users is projected to top 200 million.
- By the end of the year, online retail in India is set to more than double, reaching $50bn, while the number of online shoppers is projected to top 40 million.
- In 2016, the internet penetration in Latin America will reach 56.7%.
- The value of the Russian ecommerce market will surpass 36bn by the end of 2016.
- By the end of 2016, mobile penetration in the Middle East & Africa will reach 45.5%.
- Online shoppers in the United States will spend $327bn this year, up 45% compared to only four years ago.
- In a nutshell, 2016 will see the greatest number of online shoppers and the most online sales on any year so far!